Whistle (or Sing Along) While You Work
- June 24, 2011 |
- by The Family Cooks
We think it’s fun to have music playing while we’re cooking and getting dinner ready. In “The Family Dinner” book, we asked some of our favorite rock & roll girlfriends what they listen to while they’re making dinner. Here’s what a few of them said:
CAROLE KING: “It wasn’t easy to settle on a top five, but the CDs below are definitely among my favorites, and you might enjoy them while rolling out a pie crust.”
SHERYL CROW: “I’m always listening to music! When I cook, I might put on any one of these.”
NANCY WILSON: “Growing up, music and dinner went hand in hand at my house. It still does.”
• Ronroco, by Gustavo Santaolalla
• Blue Incantation, by Sanjay Mishra
• Ingenue, by k.d. Lang
• Together through Life, by Bob Dylan
• Harvest Moon, by Neil Young
• Baby Guitars, by Nancy Wilson (Nancy says: “I’m throwing this one in. I made it to help babies fall asleep to, but it’s also a really nice dinner thing!”)
To see more recommendations, check out page 36 of The Family Dinner.
What do you listen to when you’re making dinner? Share with us!
Join the Discussion
Comments are closed.