image description

Food Chemicals and Breast Cancer

breastcancer

I recently sat down with Dr. Marisa Weiss, founder of BreastCancer.org, and Chan Luu, designer extraordinaire, to talk about the environment and its impact on your body and your chances of getting – and beating – breast cancer. While you may think this has little to do with family dinner, it actually has a lot to do with your choice of the types of foods you put into your body. Did you know that only 10% of all breast cancer is genetically based? That leaves 90% to environmental factors. I learned that myself this year.

Chemicals that are used in growing and canning our food are highly unregulated and likely have a huge impact on our bodies. From Marisa’s vantage point, both as a cancer survivor and a breast oncologist, eating organic is great way to avoid the hormones, pesticides and synthetic chemicals that pervade our food system and wreck havoc on our bodies.  

Read the full article in Elle magazine to learn more about the issue and about the Think Pink, Live Green campaign that BreastCancer.org has launched in partnership with Stonyfield Farms as a global breast cancer prevention initiative.

And. . . be sure to check out Chan’s Think Pink, Live Green bracelets. We’re obsessed with them! And you can feel good about indulging in a little fashion splurge. Half of all proceeds of these bracelets go directly to BreastCancer.org.

 

Join the Discussion

Comments are closed.

Connect with Us

 

Recent Comments

 

2012 IACP Cookbook Award Finalist

 

CoomMomPicks Pick of the Year